Ultra Creamy Mashed PotatoesFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 5 large potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 7 1/2 cups) shopping list
- 1/2 cup light cream shopping list
- 2 tbsp. butter shopping list
- Generous dash ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream, shopping list
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (reserve some for garnish), 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the broth and potatoes in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain, reserving the broth.
- Mash the potatoes with 1/4 cup broth, cream, butter and black pepper. Add additional broth, if needed, until desired consistency.
- Ultimate Mashed Potatoes: Stir 1/2 cup sour cream, 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (reserve some for garnish), and 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives into hot mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with remaining bacon.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating6 people
I make these a lot! They truly are rich and creamy! Great post, Mystic, Thanks :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
these sound good.. will give them a try soonpeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
They sure do sound good, I'll be trying these real soon, thanks for the great post Mystic.henrie in Savannah loved it