Whole Wheat Pizza CrustFrom cooper 9 years ago
How to make it
- Disolve yeast in warm water. Set aside to proof.
- Combine flours and salt and mix.
- If using a mixer add proofed yeast water and milk to flours and knead until dough is soft and smooth and a golf ball sized piece can be stretched without tearing.
- If kneading by hand make a well in center of flour and add proofed yeast water and milk. stir until a ball forms. Stir dough out of bowl with a wooden soiin and knead on a floured surface until golf ball sizd piece can be stretched without tearing.
- Dough will be soft and smooth in either pricess.
- Put dough in lightly oiled bowl and cover with a towel
- Set aside in warm place and let rise until doubled.
- PUnch down and turn out of bowl and knead by hand for two minutes.
- Roll out dough with rolling pin until you have a circle about 13 inches in diamater and 1/8 inch thick.
- Place on oiled flat pizza pan.
- Crimp edges of crust all the way around to form a lip to hold sauce.
- Set aside in warm place and let rise slightly.
- For a thn crust let rise only for a few minutes. For a thicker crust, let rise a little longer. Remember, crust will rise in oven.
- Bake in 425 degree oven top rack until crust is lightly brown.
The Cookcooper Plano, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!