Streusel Coffee Cake-a Delectable Cake For Tea Or DessertFrom vindee 7 years ago
- flour – 1 ¾ cups shopping list
- baking powder – 1 tsp shopping list
- baking soda – ½ tsp shopping list
- sugar – 2/3 cup (original recipe has 3/4 cup) shopping list
- eggs – 2 / large shopping list
- vanilla essence – 1 tsp shopping list
- butter - 1/2 cup shopping list
- yogurt – 4 tbsp shopping list
- Cream – 2 tbsp (25% fat) shopping list
- juice of ½ lime shopping list
- Zest of 1 orange shopping list
- Streusel: shopping list
- flour – 1 tbsp shopping list
- brown sugar – ¼ cup shopping list
- toasted walnuts – ½ cup (toasted in oven for 8-10minutes. Keep an eye on them or they will brown too fast & burn). shopping list
- Regular chocolate chips – ½ cup (I used Ghirardelli bittersweet) shopping list
- mini chocolate chips – ½ cup shopping list
How to make it
- Line & grease & dust the bottom of a 9” spring form baking tin. Grease and dust the sides.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Prepare the streusel by mixing the 1 tbsp of flour + brown sugar + toasted walnuts in a bowl. Divide into 2; mix big chocolate chips in one, and the mini chips in the other. (Use only 1 size/variety of chips if you like.)
- Stir together the flour + baking powder + baking soda in a bowl.
- Mix the yogurt + cream + lime juice in a small bowl. (You can use sour cream instead)
- Beat the butter + sugar until light.
- Beat in the eggs one by one, and then the vanilla essence + orange zest.
- Beat in the 1/3 of the flour mixture; then 1/3 of the yogurt/cream mixture. Repeat twice & beat until just mixed in properly.
- Put half the batter in the tin; level out. Sprinkle the half streusel mix with the regular Ghirardelli chips evenly over this.
- Top with the remaining batter; then sprinkle the other half of the streusel mix evenly.
- Bake for approximately 60 minutes/ till done.
- Leave to cool in tin on rack for 10 minutes, and then remove the sides.
- I took the bottom lining parchment off about an hour later; peeled it off carefully as I couldn't invert the cake, else the topping may have fallen off.
- Serve warm as it is…OR with whipped cream or a dollop of vanilla ice-cream!
People Who Like This Dish 38
The Cookvindee Gurgaon, IN
The Rating10 people
I like this one because of the struesel layer in the middle.I have made a similar one with Apples and It really taste irresistable.Thanks for sharing this one..ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
This sounds great. I'm bookmarking!
You might like my Fruit-Filled Coffee Cake...dynie in Marietta loved it
I have been looking for a exciting coffeecake and this one looks perfect. You have my 5. Thank you very much for sharing.....Cherylcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it