Peppered ShrimpFrom chefmeow 10 years ago
- 1 pound butter shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano chopped shopping list
- 1 bay leaf crumbled shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper shopping list
- 5 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup black pepper finely ground shopping list
- 4 pounds large raw shrimp in shells shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a large deep-sided frying pan or iron skillet over low heat.
- When melted raise the heat then and add the remaining ingredients except shrimp.
- Cook stirring often until browned to a rich mahogany color.
- Add the shrimp stirring and turning to coat well with the seasoned butter.
- Cook until shrimp have turned a rich deep pink.
- Serve shrimp in their shells peeling them at the table.