Creamy Lasagna Casserole Bake One Freeze OneFrom alaskanmom 8 years ago
- 2 lbs ground beef shopping list
- 1 can (29 oz) tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 2 pkgs. (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 Cups (16 oz.) sour cream shopping list
- 2 Cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese, divided shopping list
- 4 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 12 to 14 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomato sauce, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat & simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sour cream, 1 cup cheddar cheese and onions; mix well.
- Spread about 1/2 cup meat sauce into two greased 8-in. square baking dishes.
- Place two to three noodles in each dish, trimming to fit if necessary.
- Top each with about 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture and about 2/3 cup meat sauce.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheddar cheese over each.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 1 month.
- Bake remaining casserole, uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator for 18 hours.
- Remove casserole from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until heated through.