AlfajoresFrom adacowan 7 years ago
- 1 Cup sugar shopping list
- 3/4 Cups butter shopping list
- 1 Cup All Purpose flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 Cups cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 can (14oz.) Carnation sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
- Grated coconut (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except condensed milk) and mix thoroughly.
- Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth allowing it to rest for 15-20 minutes before rolling out.
- Roll dough to approximately 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut 2 inch rounds (1 inch for bite-size cookies).
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet at 300 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Spread dulce de leche (recipe follows) on one cookie and place another on top thereby making a sandwich cookie. (Personally, I like it as thick as possible)
- As an option you can sprinkle the sandwich cookies with powdered sugar. Additionally, you can press cookies so filing squeezes out the side and proceed to roll in grated coconut.
- Dulce De Leche:
- Pour Sweetened Condensed milk into a pie plate and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place pie plate in larger shallow pan filled with hot water.
- Bake at 425 for 1 hour or until caramel-colored.
The Cookadacowan CA
The Rating9 people
I love these!stacip in Stockton loved it
yummy will try soonmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
I love these!!! I have been looking for this recipe! Thank you!!! Gets my 5 for sure!wilz in San Bernardino loved it