Peanut Butter Silk PieFrom crossfire 7 years ago
- graham cracker crust for 9-inch pie* shopping list
- Fudge Layer shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate shopping list
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup shopping list
- 1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup peanut butter shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 2 cups whipped topping shopping list
How to make it
- *Purchase a large graham cracker crust or make your own:
- Mix 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine; pat into a 9-inch pie plate and chill for about 30 minutes before filling. If a crispier crust is desired, bake at 375° for about 7 minutes before filling.
- In a medium saucepan, cook sugar, chocolate, milk, corn syrup together, stirring occasionally, to the soft ball stage (see below), or about 234° to 240° on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter. Beat lightly for a few minutes; pour into bottom of pie crust. Chill thoroughly before filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with peanut butter, powdered sugar and milk. Fold in whipped topping until well blended. Spoon into fudge-layered pie crust and garnish with chocolate curls and/or chopped peanuts. Chill thoroughly before serving.
- To test for soft ball stage:
- Use fresh cold water each time you test the candy. In about 1 cup of cold water, spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of hot candy. Put you hand into the water and push the candy to form a ball. Gently pick the formed ball up (if it will not form a ball, it is not done) - the soft ball will flatten slightly when removed from water.
The Cookcrossfire Garner, NC
The Rating4 people
Saved it...tired it and will definitely make it over and over again!!!!! Wonderful!tinam in Tugun loved it
thanks crossfire.......peanut butter in a cheesecake
yummmy..............mumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!