Peanut Butter Silk PieFrom crossfire 7 years ago
- graham cracker crust for 9-inch pie* shopping list
- Fudge Layer shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate shopping list
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup shopping list
- 1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup peanut butter shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 2 cups whipped topping shopping list
How to make it
- *Purchase a large graham cracker crust or make your own:
- Mix 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine; pat into a 9-inch pie plate and chill for about 30 minutes before filling. If a crispier crust is desired, bake at 375° for about 7 minutes before filling.
- In a medium saucepan, cook sugar, chocolate, milk, corn syrup together, stirring occasionally, to the soft ball stage (see below), or about 234° to 240° on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter. Beat lightly for a few minutes; pour into bottom of pie crust. Chill thoroughly before filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with peanut butter, powdered sugar and milk. Fold in whipped topping until well blended. Spoon into fudge-layered pie crust and garnish with chocolate curls and/or chopped peanuts. Chill thoroughly before serving.
- To test for soft ball stage:
- Use fresh cold water each time you test the candy. In about 1 cup of cold water, spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of hot candy. Put you hand into the water and push the candy to form a ball. Gently pick the formed ball up (if it will not form a ball, it is not done) - the soft ball will flatten slightly when removed from water.
The Cookcrossfire Garner, NC
The Rating4 people
thanks crossfire.......peanut butter in a cheesecake
yummmy..............mumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
Saved it...tired it and will definitely make it over and over again!!!!! Wonderful!tinam in Tugun loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!