Chocolate Cake From GermanyFrom lor 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup German sweet chocolate shopping list
- 1/2 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 4 egg whites, stiffly beaten shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- Melt chocolate in boiling water.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla, and chocolate.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Pour into three prepared pans, with sides lightly greased and floured and lined on bottoms with wax paper.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Frost tops of layers with your favourite icing/frosting.
- I do not frost sides of cake.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating6 people
Love Chocolate Cake, thanks for the good post.henrie in Savannah loved it
Lor... I love this cake....a perfect recipe....Ive been to Germany several times and those people know their chocolate....zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Love chocolate cake and I'm German, sounds like a match made in heaven to me!sunny in Portland loved it