Spicy Black Beans and RiceFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 1/2 small onion, chopped fine shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 15oz can of black beans, I use Goya shopping list
- water to cover**** shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
- red pepper shopping list
- cumin shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked short grain brown rice shopping list
- **** could use chicken or veggie stock instead shopping list
How to make it
- start the brown rice according to package directions.. mine takes 45-50 mins. and then steams for 10 mins
- put chopped onion and olive oil in small sauce pan and saute.. when the onions are soft but not browned add a can of drained and rinsed black beans
- stir. add enough water to cover beans and put on low heat..
- add spices
- let simmer until the rice is done adding more water if you need too
- while the rice is steaming let liquid reduce until there it's no longer runny but still juicy.. so you have a sauce .
- to serve place beans on top of the rice.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating1 people
My neighbor is from the south his master recipe is just like this; so good with his chicken fried steak.
Michaeltrigger in loved it