Pierogi CasseroleFrom lor 7 years ago
- 5-6 large potatoes, peeled a chopped shopping list
- 1/2 a medium size cabbage shopping list
- 1/4 pound grated white chedder cheese shopping list
- 1 box lasagna noodles shopping list
- butter shopping list
- milk ~ 2% or homogenized shopping list
- 2 large onions, halved and sliced shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Note: If I happen to have any of my homemade tomato meat sauce left over when I am preparing this dish, then I add it as a layer. This recipe is so versatile and so delicious. shopping list
How to make it
- Cook potatoes and cabbage in separate saucepans.
- I like to place the entire half cabbage in the saucepan, cover with cold water and boil until tender.
- Then drain and pull cabbage leaves apart.
- When potatoes are soft enough to mash, drain all water from saucepan. add a splash of milk, a dash of butter, salt and pepper to taste and mash.
- Add the grated cheese to the mashed potato.
- Cook the lasagna noodles and drain.
- Grease an oblong Pyrex dish with butter.
- Saute the onions in a little butter and olive oil.
- Layer noodles, cabbage, onions and mashed potatoes.
- Repeat the process ending with mashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle a little paprika over the mashed potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 35 minutes or until potatoes are nicely browned.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating3 people
yummm...yummm...yummmy..thankspaprikamama in Lake Mary loved it