Thai Shrimp CurryFrom watson2167 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots shopping list
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, trimmed and shredded shopping list
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste, recipe follows shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar or light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 can coconut milk shopping list
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped Thai basil leaves shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves shopping list
- cooked jasmine rice, accompaniment shopping list
- Sprigs fresh cilantro, garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a large wok or saute pan, add the curry paste to coconut milk and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds to 2 minute in medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots, bell peppers, carrots and stir-fry until soft, 2 to 3 minute, add the fish sauce and sugar, and bring to a boil. Simmer until thickened slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until pink and just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the basil and cilantro.
- Serve over jasmine rice, garnished with cilantro sprigs.