Irish BreadFrom pleclare 8 years ago
- 21/2c flour shopping list
- 1/2t salt shopping list
- 2t baking powder shopping list
- 1/4c butter shopping list
- 1/2c sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2c buttermilk or plain yogurt shopping list
- 1/3c raisins shopping list
- 1/3 c currents shopping list
- 1-2T caraway seeds or to taste shopping list
- 2t mixture of cinnamon and sugar shopping list
- 1/2t baking soda shopping list
How to make it
- Sift together flour,salt,baking powder and baking soda. Set aside Cream butter and sugar till fluffy. Add egg and buttermilk or yogurt.
- By hand, mix in dry ingredients until moistened. Add raisins,currents and caraway seeds. Pour into a greased 11/2qt. round casserol or an 8" round cake pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 30 mins.. Reduce oven temperature to 325 and bake for 20-25 mins. more ot till toothpick in the center comes out clean. Remove from pan immediately and cool on wire rack.
- If you don't have currents,use all raisins