Man your goose is cookedFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 6 slices of thick cut low salt bacon shopping list
- 1 large leek, sliced and cleaned white and pale green only shopping list
- 1/2 cup of green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 8 ounce package of herbal stuffing mix shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup of veggie stock shopping list
- 1 cup of chopped peaches shopping list
- 1/2 cup of seeded and chopped dates shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 8 pound goose shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 six ounce can of peach nectar shopping list
- 2 tbsp of honey shopping list
- 1/3 cup of balsalmic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet, cook the bacon until crisp.
- Remove and drain on paper towels and crumble, set aside.
- Add the leeks and the green pepper to the pan drippings and saute over medium heat until soft and tender.
- Combine the stuffing mix, bacon crumbles, veggies, 1 1/4 cups of vegetable stock, peaches, dates and egg.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Wash the goose inside and out. Pat dry.
- Season the cavity with salt and pepper.
- Lightly stuff the cavity.
- Place on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 2 hours.
- Baste with peach nectar/honey/vinegar mixture every 15 minutes for an additional hour to finalize the cooking and crisp the skin with the sweetened glaze..