Stellas Banana BreadFrom edensong 6 years ago
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3 ripe mashed bananas shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine sugar with butter and eggs.
- Add bananas, sour cream, and vanilla. You may use sour milk in place of the sour cream by adding 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup milk and let it sit for at least 10 minutes to sour.
- Sift dry ingredients and add to mixture.
- Pour into greased and floured 9-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until a knife inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool for a few minutes before removing from pan, then cool on rack.
- Once the bread is cooled, wrap in foil and freeze for a couple weeks. Remove from freezer and bring to room temperature to serve. Hmmmm, good! Of course, that's hard to do if only one loaf is made, as it will be eaten quickly.
The Cookedensong Nashville, TN
The Rating11 people
Yes, it's a one-lb pan (some are 8 1/2"). I added that to the instructions - thanks. I usually double the recipe and I use my long skinny pans (sorry I don't know how long they are), but I have also made this in a standard bread loaf pan.edensong in Nashville loved it
I'm going to try this tomorrow! thanks!jennmet in Elmira loved it
I've made this! It's moist and delicious. I'm a banana cake/bread foodie aka junkie, always searching for new recipes for the ultimate banana cake. I have a selected few on my list ~ this is one.sidekickofedensong in Townsville loved it