Easy Hollandaise SauceFrom linebb956 9 years ago
How to make it
- In a small saucepan, heat butter until melted and bubbling, but don't let it brown.
- Warm the bowl of a blender by filling with hot tap water and then draining and drying it.
- Working quickly, blend egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper together until the mixture turns light yellow, about 30 seconds.
- With the blender running, start adding hot butter at no more than a trickle, until sauce starts spattering in the blender, indicating that an emulsion has formed.
- Continue trickling butter at a slightly faster rate, pausing briefly every 5 seconds or so, until incorporated.
- The mixture will thicken considerably.
- Scrape down the walls of the blender bowl and blend 5 seconds longer; cover.
- Keep sauce warm by immersing the covered blender bowl in warm water.
- I have not made another since finding this one... Easy!
- Yield: 1-1/2 cups
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating3 people
I just used this recipe and IT WAS FANTASTIC!!! I have used other recipes and it seemed like they never turned out quite right and they were more difficult to do. The taste is fabulous, it was very quick, and really simple. I will only be using this ...morelibradiva in Bloomfield loved it
My husband has been dying for a quick and easy Hollandaise recipe. I can't wait for him to try this one.kalsmom in Sherwood Park loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!