Rum Balls Made With CocoaFrom lor 7 years ago
- 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers, crushed shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans shopping list
- Note: I prefer to use finely ground almonds shopping list
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup cocoa shopping list
- 1/2 cup light or dark rum, it depends on the taste you are looking for. shopping list
- Note: For those individuals who do not imbibe in alcohol, 1/2 orange juiced plus one teaspoon of freshly grated orange peel can be substituted for the rum in this recipe. shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/8 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- Note: Sometimes I like to dip these in melted chocolate and place on a wire rack until chocolate coating has hardened. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine vanilla wafer crumbs, chopped nuts/finely ground nuts, 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, and cocoa.
- Mix in rum and corn syrup.
- I like to cover the bowl and allow to sit in the fridge for at least 1/2 to 1 hour.
- Then I use the larger end of a melon baller to scoop out mixture.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll in confectioners' sugar or a mixture of confectioners' sugar and cocoa.
- Store rum balls in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days to merge or meld flavour.
- Roll them again in confectioners' sugar before serving.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating5 people
oh babe - yea you got it - this is exactly like my recipe they are delicious!!!!!ravenseyes in Belcamp loved it
This is a winner I am sure Lor..Thanks for sharing.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
this is just super incedible..iffyo in loved it