MenudoFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 2 lbs beef stomach (tripe) with fat removed shopping list
- 1/2 lb pork sausage shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 medium size potatoes cubed shopping list
- 2 medium size carrots cubed shopping list
- 1 medium onion chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 2 dried bay leaf shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- oil for sauteeing shopping list
How to make it
- Saute garlic and onions. Add the tripe and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the pork . Season with salt and pepper. Saute for about 15 minutes or until sausage is cooked
- Add the bay leaf and pour the tomato sauce. Add water and let boil.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes or until the meata are well cooked and sauce slightly thickened.
- Add the carrots and potatoes. Simmer until the veggies are tender.