Tembleque Coconut PuddingFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
How to make it
- In a saucepan, combine the coconut milk with the sugar and salt. Bring to a full boil and cook for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch with ¾ cup of water and, with a whisk, mix well into a slurry.
- Immediately pour the slurry into the saucepan and cook, continuously whisking until the mixture thickens into a pudding, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Pour the mixture through a colander.
- Transfer the strained pudding into a nonstick 12"x6" deep dish or into individual martini glasses.
- Smooth out the surface, and set aside to cool.
- Refrigerate to completely set, about 2 hours.
- Dust the surface with ground cinnamon, slice, and serve.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating9 people
his is similar to a famous oriental dessert called Mehallabeya..Thanks for sharing this too.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Oh, Oh, this is too good... I will surely make this, but do I really have to share it with anybody else? What a nice recipe!! Thanks.inmaculada in Palma De Mallorca loved it
thanks for unusual recipe
will try it soon
mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!