Home Made TacosFrom thegoldminer 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 pound lean (20%) ground beef. shopping list
- taco seasoning packet shopping list
- 1/4 cup water. shopping list
- 1-2 tomatoes shopping list
- 1 head iceberg lettuce shopping list
- 1 avocado shopping list
- 1 bag shredded cheese shopping list
- Pint sour cream shopping list
- Red taco sauce shopping list
- Green taco sauce shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- canola oil shopping list
- I package of extra large corn tortillas (12 in the pack) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large frying pan, break up hamburger, cooking over a medium or medium high heat. Chop up the meat with a rubber spatula.
- Add 1/4 cup of water. This gets the meat cooking and help draw out the grease.
- Once it looks like it is thoroughly cooked, drain through a strainer that is sitting on a large paper plate. Let it drain about two minutes and them pick of the strainer and let the rest of the grease drip out.
- Return to pan, and 1/2 cup water, stir, add taco season mixture, and stir well.
- Cooking over medium heat, stir and cook until water is about gone.
- Turn burner to cool.
- Separate how many tortillas for each person and the rest are cut up with scissors for chips.
- Heat up smaller pan with about 3/8 inch oil, medium temp and start dropping in cut up to tortilla chips. Turn about 4 times, when golden brown, place on paper towel, gently bloat with towels, sprinkle salt immediately. Continue until all chips cooked.
- To make soft tortilla for tacos, with oil fairly hot, lay tortilla in oil, carefully press center down, wait about 5 seconds, and turn over. Another 5 seconds, remove, let oil drip off, Place on clean paper towel and bloat with paper towel to get extra grease.
- Cook all that are to be soft (rest of package)
- Place on plate and spread on sour cream, then a couple of spoon fills of meat.
- Pour a little red and green on the meat.
- Now layer on some thinly shaved lettuce, next avocado, salt and pepper the avocado slices.
- Add tomatoes slices, salt and pepper. Pour more red and green sauce over tomatoes and avocados. Top with grated cheese.
- Fold tortilla over and pinch one end so it doesn't push out. Recommend 3-4 large paper towels. Way fun to eat and I personally like the layering as I get the flavors and textures at the right time. JJ
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating6 people
Now you have me hungry for Tacos....All those great pictures......Great post.... Homemade is always better.....zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
I'm drooling! Your pics are out of this world! Never made my own tacos, but you make me brave. Gonna give this a go. Thanks JJliezel in Bloemfontein loved it
I love making my own tacos.. I don't always think to put the avocado in..peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it