Ginger Beef with CabbageFrom noir 9 years ago
- - 1.5 tsp sugar shopping list
- - 2 tbsp sake shopping list
- - 1/3 C Japanese soy sauce shopping list
- - 1 tsp grated fresh ginger shopping list
- - 2 lbs. beef rump steak/strips shopping list
- - 8 leaves of green cabbage shopping list
- - vegetable oil shopping list
- - 3 tsp fresh ginger juice shopping list
- - Optional: black & white sesame seeds shopping list
How to make it
- Combine sugar, sake, sauce and grated ginger in a medium bowl. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Cut the beef into thin strips.
- Add it to the marinade, let stand for 10 minutes. (But no longer, otherwise the meat will get tough.)
- Drain over a small bowl, and reserve the marinade.
- Cut the cabbage leaves into one inch squares, removing the thick ribs.
- Heat some oil in a large skillet or wok, add the meat and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, the reserved marinade and the ginger juice, and stir-fry a little longer until everything is heated through.
- Add sesame seeds to garnish.
- Serve in bowls over steamed rice and eat with chopsticks.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating6 people
Simple is good! *wink*pink in USA loved it
Wow, Loving it...Thanks again! Reneerml in loved it
You had me with the ginger....awesome.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it