La Tarte La TomateFrom noir 8 years ago
- 1 store-bought pie crust shopping list
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 cup of shredded Emmental cheese (or Gruyère) shopping list
- 2 or 3 large tomatoes, sliced shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- herbs De Provence (see my recipe) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- **variation: try tapenade (crushed olive spread) in the place of the mustard. shopping list
How to make it
- Roll out the store-bought crust (if rollable).
- Place in 9-inch pie plate.
- Press to fit without stretching dough.
- Thoroughly prick bottom and sides with fork to prevent shrinking.
- Slather mustard** across its surface.
- Sprinkle cheese over the mustard and set the tomatoes across the top.
- Add salt, pepper, herbes de Provence and a "swirl" of olive oil to taste.
- Cook the tomato pie in a 425°F oven for 20 minutes.
- Serves four, salivates eight.:)
- Au Pif!:)