Julios Puerto Rican Potato OmeletteFrom oldgringo 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons minced onion shopping list
- 1 minced garlic clove shopping list
- 1 minced Jalapeño chile; seeded shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro shopping list
- 5 beaten eggs shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fine ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cold boiled new potato; sliced into thin slices shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Use an 8-inch oven-proof skillet.
- Over medium heat, heat olive oil and butter until the butter has melted.
- In the hot oil, sauté the onion, garlic, Jalapeño chile and cilantro until the onion is transparent. Do Not brown.
- Remove from heat and arrange the sautéed vegetables over the bottom of the skillet.
- Add eggs beaten with salt and pepper.
- Arrange sliced cold potato circles over the surface.
- Sprinkle the chili powder on top and put into oven for 10 minutes or until eggs set.
- Remove from skillet and slice into 4 servings. Serve with Salsa Casera and sliced avocado.