Egg Drop SoupFrom watson2167 7 years ago
- 4 cups chicken broth or stock shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 -2 green onions, minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper (some for topping) shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- A few drops of sesame oil (optional) shopping list
- 3 tbsp of cornstarch (mix in 1/2 cup water) shopping list
- 1/2 cup of firm tofu small cubed shopping list
- 2 tbsp of chopped celanto shopping list
- 3 wonton skins long 1/2 inch sliced shopping list
- cooking oil for deep fry shopping list
- mushoom and bamboo shoot can be use in this dish if like shopping list
How to make it
- In a deep frying pan and oil to a pan bring to boil...when hot add wonton skins, stir well for about 3-4 mintues until golden brown, removed for heat and patted dry on paper towel.
- In a wok or saucepan, bring the 4 cups of chicken broth to a boil. Add the white pepper and salt, and the sesame oil if using. Cook for about another minute. (if use vegetable, add into the broth and cook it for about 6 minutes).
- Beat egg evenly and slowly pour in the eggs in a steady stream. To make shreds, stir the egg rapidly in a clockwise direction for one minute. To make thin streams or ribbons, gently stir the eggs in a clockwise direction until they form. When done pour slowly in a cornstarch and mix it gently to form the thickness.
- Garnish with green onion, chopped celanto, a pinch of white pepper and fried wonton skins..best serve hot...ENJOY