Mexican Wedding CakesFrom dixiediner 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter, with salt -- softened shopping list
- 2 tablespoon sugar, granulated shopping list
- 1 cup flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, bleached -- sifted shopping list
- 1 pinch salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup walnuts, dried, chopped -- finely ground shopping list
- 1/2 cup chocolate, chips, mini -- optional shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar, powdered or confectioners' shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Cream butter. Add granulated sugar and mix thoroughly. Add flour, salt, vanilla, walnuts and, if desired, chocolate chips. Mix well.
- 3. Roll into small balls about the size of a walnut and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 4. Bake about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 5. Remove from oven, cool slightly.
- 6. Roll in powdered sugar.