French Chocolate CakeFrom noir 6 years ago
- ½ cup butter or 125 grams shopping list
- 7 ounces dark chocolate or 200 grams shopping list
- 1 cup sugar or 200 grams shopping list
- 4 large eggs or 5 medium eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flour – you can add up to 7 tablespoons shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder – optional but it makes the cake even richer shopping list
- Ganache shopping list
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate – about 200 grams shopping list
- ½ cup cream shopping list
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract - optional shopping list
- Melt the chocolate and cream over low heat, stirring to mix. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla if you’re using it. shopping list
- The heavier the cream, the thicker the ganache. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (180 degrees centigrade)
- Line the bottom of a cake pan (round is good but square works) with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter, chocolate, and cocoa powder in a container placed in a pan of hot water at low heat. Once it’s melted stir it to combine and set it aside to cool.
- Beat the eggs, add the sugar and beat until smooth. It will be thick and a pale cream color.
- Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the flour.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan.
- Bake at 350 Degrees (1800) for 20 minutes
- You can top the cake with ganache for true chocolate decadence or be a bit more restrained and use crème fraiche or whipped cream or serve it plain.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating6 people
Noir... you out did yourself this time... I love the way this sounds....zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
yup!decadent!love it!iffyo in loved it
Golly gee this is for me! *wink* Tops!pink in USA loved it