Soft Sugar CookiesFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 2 cups of sugar shopping list
- plus more for dusting cookies right before baking shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups trans fat free vegetable shortening shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of real vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 1/2 cups of all purpose flour, sifted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup of buttermilk, mixed with 1 teaspoon of baking soda shopping list
How to make it
- Cream together the 2 cups of sugar with the shortening.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition.
- Add the vanila.
- Mix the flour and the baking powder together.
- Beginning with the flour mixture, add the flour mixture and buttermilk mixture to the beaten sugar mixture, ending with the flour mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees.
- Lightly flour a cookie sheet and drop batter by the soup spoon full onto it.
- Dust the tops with sugar.
- Bake for 12 minutes each until very lightly browned.
- Remove from pan and cool on a cookie rack.
- Nibble with a cup of hot tea,and know you are savoring a little bit of history.