Crockpot Pea SoupFrom yummers 6 years ago
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups dry split peas, sorted shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery with leaves shopping list
- 1 cup chopped carrot shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 4 cups veggie broth ( or you can use chicken) shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
How to make it
- In 4-6 quart crockpot, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Just before serving use a potato masher to mash some of the peas in the soup for a thicker consistency.
The Cookyummers Port Moody, CA
The Rating3 people
This is like my old stand-by. I use a hand held blender to mash some of the ingredients, just to thicken.Great post...robertg in loved it
I am making this already - you beat me I was going to post my recipe after it was done. Pretty much the same- only I use Canadian bacon and slice it into chunks and a lot of garlic It's another stable in our home. AWESOME post!!
Marieinvisiblechef in loved it