Chocolate Caramel Graham CrackersFrom magandab 5 years ago
- 12 (4 3/4- by 2 1/2-inch) graham crackers shopping list
- 1-1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, cut into pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 -1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (9 1/2 oz) shopping list
- 1 cup walnuts, pecans, or almonds (3 to 4 oz), toasted and chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a 15- by 10- by 1-inch baking pan with foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang at each end.
- Line bottom of pan with graham crackers (it will be a tight fit).
- Melt butter in a 1 1/2- to 2-quart heavy saucepan over moderately low heat, then add brown sugar and salt and cook, whisking, until mixture is smooth and combined well, about 1 minute.
- Pour butter/sugar mixture over crackers, spreading evenly.
- Bake in middle of oven until golden brown and bubbling, about 10 minutes.
- Scatter chocolate chips evenly over crackers and bake in oven until chocolate is soft, about 1 minute.
- Remove pan from oven and gently spread chocolate evenly over crackers with offset spatula.
- Sprinkle nuts evenly over chocolate and cool crackers in pan on a rack 30 minutes.
- Freeze until chocolate is firm, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Carefully lift crackers from pan by grasping both ends of foil, then peel foil from crackers. Break crackers into serving pieces.
- Cooks' note:
- • Crackers keep, chilled and layered between sheets of wax paper in an airtight container, 2 weeks.