Baked Stuffed ZitiFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 1lb. ziti or any large macaroni shopping list
- 1 recipe for sauce or gravy shopping list
- 1lb. ricotta cheese shopping list
- 8 oz. grated mozzarella cheese plus more for topping shopping list
- 1/4c freshly grated parmesan cheese plus more for topping. shopping list
- 2 lg. eggs shopping list
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 2Tbs. chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to directions,stirring often Drain well and turn into large bowl. Toss with ladle full of sauce to keep from sticking together.
- Combine the ricotta.mozzarella,parmesan,eggs,salt and pepper. Using a whisk,mix until well blended. Add to the cooked,hot pasta. Toss lightly with a wooden spoon. Turn into medium size baking pan with a little sauce added to the bottom to prevent pasta from scorching.
- Spread a layer of sauce over the pasta. Top with mozzarella and parmesan. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley. Cover with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 350 oven on middle rack for 25 mins. Allow it to rest for 20 mins. before serving. Serve with remaining sauce.
- This normally is prepared just prior to eating but can bre kept in frig after cooking up to 3 days. to reheat,add 1 heaping Tbs. water and 1/4c sauce in bottom of heavy skillet,cover,and steam on low till thoroughly heated..
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating6 people
This is great! When I first read the title.. I thought... OMG.. stuffing ziti.. what a job! This is much easier! Thanks!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Love baked ziti, great recipe, thanks for sharing. Sounds really good!henrie in Savannah loved it
yep very nice!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!