Prawn And Leek In Ginger SauceFrom griff 5 years ago
- 250g prawns (King or Tiger are best) shopping list
- 2 x Baby leeks (or half a regular leek) shopping list
- Matchbox-size of peeled ginger shopping list
- 1 x Red Chilli shopping list
- 5cm celery shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of mirin or ginger wine shopping list
- 1 chicken stock cube shopping list
- 200mls water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of cornflour shopping list
How to make it
- Prep the ingredients. Peel the prawns if necessary. Finely slice the leeks (use mainly the white of the leek with a little green for decoration). Slice the chilli thinly lengthways. Matchstick the ginger. Finely slice the celery. Dissolve the chicken stock in hot water.
- Heat the oil in your wok and stir fry the leeks, ginger, chilli and celery for one minute.
- Push it all to the side of the wok and throw in the prawns. Stir-fry until cooked - about two minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, mirin and stock and mix in the wok. Add the cornflour to thicken the sauce.
- Cook until the sauce is thickened and your kitchen is filled with fresh aromas.
- Serve with rice.