7 to 1 GranolaFrom edensong 7 years ago
- 12 cups oats shopping list
- 1 cup wheat germ shopping list
- 2 cups unsalted nuts (I sub the nuts out for other goodies) shopping list
- 2 cups sunflower seeds shopping list
- 1 cup sesame seeds shopping list
- 3 cups coconut, shredded shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups honey shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups oil (use a light oil like safflower) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. F
- Mix dry ingredients in a large baking pan (12 x 17-inch or comparable).
- Measure out the oil into a saucepan, then measure the honey in the same measuring cup and pour into saucepan. (The honey slides out of the cup easily.) Add vanilla extract and heat just to mix.
- Pour liquids over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool before storing. You can add 1 to 2 cups of raisins or other dried fruit at this point. This is wonderful as a cereal with milk OR yogurt. Makes a great snack and trail mix. Experiment with different ingredients; just remember to keep the ratio of 7 dry to 1 liquid.
People Who Like This Dish 78
The Cookedensong Nashville, TN
The Rating15 people
Hope you enjoy it, kristopher. Make it your own with the ingredients you love!edensong in Nashville loved it
LOL -- yes, it's a lot for one, Alana, but it goes quickly with a family.edensong in Nashville loved it
This looks like one for the camping book. Thanks!atokadawn in Munford loved it