Bubble and SqueakFrom grockle 7 years ago
How to make it
- Mash or rough-chop the potatoes.
- Cut cabbage into bite-sized pieces and mix both these together, adding a little salt or pepper to the mixture if desired.
- Heat a (preferably cast iron) skillet on a medium heat.
- Add a knob of butter.
- When butter is melted and hot, add the cabbage and potatoes.
- Mash it down into sort of a patty.
- Leave it completely alone for about four minutes.
- Then have a peek at the underside.
- If it's nicely brown, turn it over, otherwise give it another minute or two.
- (This is usually served with leftover meat for supper. I like it for breakfast with eggs, baked beans, fried tomatoes and English sausages, if I can get them.)
People Who Like This Dish 11
- karlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
- luke1114 Saint Clair Shores
- velosprinter Albuquerque
- mjcmcook Beach City, CA
- fizzle3nat Waterville, WA
- chefelaine Muskoka, CANA
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- precious_97062 Tualatin, OR
- curious Commerce, GA
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookgrockle Swansea, IL
The Rating2 people
My dad used to talk about bubble and squeak. never asked what it was, cause he used to talk abouyt suet and trinkle pudding also. No idea what a trinkle is but I know what suet is. This bubble and squeak really sounds good. Thank youkarlyn255 in Ypsilanti loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!