Hot Cherry Coke RibsFrom pink 8 years ago
- 4 12-ounce cans cherry cola (flat) shopping list
- 2 cups cherry jam or preserves shopping list
- 2/3 cup Dijon mustard with horseradish shopping list
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar or apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 7 1/4 to 7 1/2 pounds well-trimmed pork spareribs shopping list
How to make it
- Boil cherry cola in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat until reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 45 minutes.
- Stir in next 5 ingredients.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until mixture is reduced to 2 1/2 cups, stirring occasionally, about 35 minutes.
- Transfer glaze to large bowl. (Can be made 1 week ahead. Cover; chill. Bring to room temperature before using.)
- Position racks in top and bottom thirds of oven and preheat to 300°F. Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each rib rack tightly in foil, enclosing completely.
- Divide foil packets between 2 rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake until ribs are very tender, switching positions of baking sheets halfway through baking, about 2 hours total.
- Cool ribs slightly in foil.
- Pour off any fat from foil packets. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep covered in foil packets and refrigerate. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before continuing.)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-low heat).
- Cut each rib rack between bones into individual ribs.
- Set aside 1 cup glaze.
- Add ribs to bowl with remaining glaze and toss to coat.
- Grill ribs until brown and glazed, turning to prevent burning, about 5 minutes total.
- Serve, passing reserved glaze separately.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookpink USA
The Rating6 people
The recipes with Cola's are amazing! This is hot & spicy, and I think I may try it with Beef Ribs!noir in Boston loved it
This is great!smooch in America loved it
i love cherry coke and ribs good combo thank youminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it