Cornish Game Hens with Garlic and RosemaryFrom ern 6 years ago
- INGREDIENTS shopping list
- 4 Cornish game hens shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 lemon, quartered shopping list
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 24 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/3 cup white wine shopping list
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Rub hens with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Lightly season hens with salt and pepper. Place 1 lemon wedge and 1 sprig rosemary in cavity of each hen. Arrange in a large, heavy roasting pan, and arrange garlic cloves around hens. Roast in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a mixing bowl, whisk together wine, chicken broth, and remaining 2 tablespoons of oil; pour over hens. Continue roasting about 25 minutes longer, or until hens are golden brown and juices run clear. Baste with pan juices every 10 minutes.
- Transfer hens to a platter, pouring any cavity juices into the roasting pan. Tent hens with aluminum foil to keep warm. Transfer pan juices and garlic cloves to a medium saucepan and boil until liquids reduce to a sauce consistency, about 6 minutes. Cut hens in half lengthwise and arrange on plates. Spoon sauce and garlic around hens. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, and serve.
The Cookern Wilmington, NC
The Rating7 people
Sounds wonderful! Thanks for posting :)donman in Hammond loved it
This was excellent! I call it a triple treat: the aroma was killing me (nicely) while it cooked, the chicken was succulent and the sauce superb and I did myself in schmearing the garlic onto crusty french bread. Oh - heaven must have this on the menu...morenuitblanche in Syracuse loved it
Love these little birds. Such a great company dish. Thanks for the post.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!