Chicken with Lemon Caper SauceFrom sparow64 6 years ago
- pinch salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces shopping list
- 1 c sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained shopping list
- 2 lemon wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together salt and flour in a plastic bag, then coat chicken and shake off excess.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Shake excess flour from chicken, then brown in hot oil until both sides are golden-brown, and the inside has turned white and firm, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken, and set aside in a warm place.
- Pour white wine into the skillet, and allow to boil as you dissolve the cooked bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the lemon juice, and allow to come to a boil, cook for a few minutes until reduced by half.
- Sprinkle the cubed butter into the boiling sauce. Swirl and shake the pan vigorously to dissolve the butter, thus thickening the sauce. The butter must never come to rest, or the sauce will separate and become oily. Once the butter has completely incorporated, remove from heat and stir in capers and mushrooms
- To serve, pour lemon-caper sauce over the chicken, and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 14
- skyduchess Garland, TX
- hawksbeard Nowhere, Us
- latinattitude Nowhere, Us
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- pleclare Framingham, MA
- softgrey New York
- irishiz Annapolis, MD
- mamalou Attleboro, MA
- pamelanava Prosper, TX
- Plus 4 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating5 people
oooh Im going to make this!!!cmon68 in Windsor loved it
Yummmm!rml in loved it
Making this tonite for dinner. Will let you know how I did:))cmon68 in Windsor loved it