Spinach And Blue Cheese Stuffed Chicken BreastsFrom sparow64 9 years ago
- 8 slices bacon shopping list
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded to 1/2 inch thickness shopping list
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry shopping list
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels, and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350
- In a medium bowl, stir together the spinach and blue cheese. Crumble in the bacon, and stir to distribute.
- Lay the chicken breast halves out on a clean surface, and distribute the spinach mixture evenly onto the centers of them.
- Fold the chicken over the filling, and secure with toothpicks.
- Stir together the flour, salt and pepper on a dinner plate.
- Roll the chicken in the flour to coat.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Quickly brown each piece of chicken on top and bottom. Remove to a lightly greased baking dish, and cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until chicken juices run clear, and filling is hot.