Southern Cabbage And PotatoesFrom dixiediner 9 years ago
How to make it
- Wash cabbage and pull off dead leaves.
- Cut cabbage in half, then slice each half of cabbage into about 1/4 inch slices.
- Peel potatoes and rinse in cold water.
- Cut small potatoes in half or large potatoes into thirds.
- Put into big pot just enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Add bacon slices or one big scoop of bacon grease.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- On high heat, bring to a rapid boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium/high and let cook at least 30-40 minutes.
- If cabbage is not tender enough for your liking, let cook another 15-20 minutes or until cabbage is tender.