Bourbon Whiskey Bbq SauceFrom angelgirl94 7 years ago
- 1/2 onion finely chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 3/4 cup bourbon whiskey shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups ketchup shopping list
- 1/4 cup tomato paste shopping list
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke-or to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar-or to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper-or to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan over medium heat,combine onion,garlic,and whiskey. Simmer until onion is translucent.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring sauce to a boil then simmer on low for 30-45 minutes.
- Use immediately or store in refridgerator for up to one month in an airtight container.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookangelgirl94 Reidsville, NC
The Rating2 people
Really wonderful sauce, this is awesome. Great sauce, wonderful post. Got to love the whiskey and there isnt' a southern cook around who doesnt' keep a little bottle of liquid amoke to up the ante when needed. Yum.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Ohhhhhhhh my goodness... I don't think anyone would want to purchase BBQ sauce ever again after making this!!! WOW - a "5" for sure!!! I think that just about sums it up ;-) Thank you for sharing.lor in Toronto loved it