Granola BiscottiFrom lillyann 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup reduced fat granola shopping list
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries shopping list
How to make it
- In a small mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, egg white and extract.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. Break apart any large pieces of granola; stir granola and cranberries into dough.
- Divide dough into half. With lightly floured hands, shape each portion into a 12 in x 1 1/2 in rectangle; place each on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove to wire rack and cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut with a serrated knife into 3/4 in. slices. Place cut side down on uncreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Turn and bake for 5-7 minutes longer or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight container or freeze.
- Note: I like to put some extra raisins and whatnot in in mine, sometimes.