Rustique GateauFrom sheba 5 years ago
- 2 cups all purpose flour, (I substitute some spelt and quinoa flour for 1/2 the flour, or 1/2 whole wheat flour) shopping list
- 4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon, or to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use grapseed oil) shopping list
- 1/2 cup apple juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 3 apples, peeled and grated shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped dates shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Grease a 10-inch Bundt pan and set aside. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, and set aside.
- Beat the eggs until they are creamy and pale, add the oil in a slow, steady stream while beating. Add the apple juice, honey, brown sugar and apples. Mix well. Beat in dry ingredients with a wooden spoon, then stir in the dates and pecans.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan, and bake at 375 until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then unmold.