Bunny CakeFrom tinam 10 years ago
- 2 Baked 9 inch round cake layers, completely cooled shopping list
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed (Strawberry whipped topping) shopping list
- 1 pkg (7 oz) flaked coconut, 2 1/2 cups, divided to coat bunny shopping list
- Decorations: red licorice or fruit ropes - 4 pieces to trim bow, more thinly sliced for whiskers; gum drops for eyes and nose; M&M's or the like for decoration on the bow tie. shopping list
- Bow tie Stencil: cut a 'simple' bow tie stencil out of baking paper or other paper. shopping list
How to make it
- Bake both 9 inch cakes (any favor you wish), white or butter is best, and allow to completely cool.
- Place 1 entire cake to side for bunny face.
- Place stencil down the middle of 1 cake layer cutting around the edges to make ears from each side of stencil (as viewed on picture).
- Place ears at top of bunny face (cake layer). Place remaining bow tie at bottom of bunny cake face.
- Use whipping cream to 'glue' ears and bow tie to face.
- Use whipping cream to frost cake all round top and sides.
- Sprinkle thoroughly with flaked coconut.
- Place gum drops in position for eyes and nose.
- Place fruit ropes or licorice around edges of bow tie for trim.
- Place sliced licorice on face for whiskers.
- Place M&M's on bow tie for decoration.
- Refrigerate if not serving immediately.