Red Velvet CheesecakeFrom trackwidow 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole buttermilk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar shopping list
- 2 (1-ounce) bottles red food coloring shopping list
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar; press mixture into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar at medium-low speed with an electric mixer 1 minute. Add eggs and next 6 ingredients, mixing on low speed just until fully combined. Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 300°, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is firm. Run knife along outer edge of cheesecake. Turn oven off. Let cheesecake stand in oven 30 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven; cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Beat 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese and 1/4 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating until smooth. Spread evenly over top of cheesecake. Remove sides of springform pan. Garnish, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 186
The Cooktrackwidow Fort Atkinson, WI
The Rating26 people
Can't get better than cheesecake and red velvet in one dish.....Made a cheesecake this week so I have to wait for this one but it will definitely get made here....Thanks so much....;Dwynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
This looks great I cant wait o make it....Thank you for the posting :
Caracaramia in loved it
Really good one..ahmed1 in Cairo loved it