Banana Oatmeal Cake With Caramel FrostingFrom tequila12 7 years ago
- 2 c. all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 c. rolled oats shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 c. butter, room temp. shopping list
- 1 c. sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. mashed bananas shopping list
- 3/4 c. buttermilk or sour milk (add 1 tbsp. vinegar to regular milk) shopping list
- caramel Frosting shopping list
- 1/3 c. butter shopping list
- 1 c. lightly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 c. milk shopping list
- 2 - 3 cups sifted powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, rolled oats, baking powder and soda, salt and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla to butter and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with bananas and buttermilk, mixing lightly after each addition.
- Pour batter into a greased 13 x 9 cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely then ice with Caramel Frosting.
- Caramel Frosting
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in brown sugar and heat to boiling stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in milk and heat back to a boil.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in powdered sugar until it reaches icing consistancy.
- Spread on cooled cake
The Cooktequila12 Sleepy Hollow, IL
The Rating4 people
Oh Yum, love the sound of this cake. The caramel icing sounds like what my aunt makes that's so yummie.henrie in Savannah loved it
I've made this cake twice already! I used coconut and nuts. It was better the 2nd day.jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!