Italian Style Collard GreensFrom coffeebean53 9 years ago
- 1/2 pound collard greens, stemmed and washed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely chopped celery shopping list
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped onion shopping list
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounces) white beans (such as cannelloni, Great Northern or navy), rinsed and drained shopping list
How to make it
- Take collard greens and pat them dry then chop them coarsely.
- In a large saucepan heat oil over medium heat and then add celery, onion and garlic to the saucepan, cooking and stirring for 5 minutes. Take chopped greens, stewed tomatoes with juice and seasoning and add them to the saucepan and cook and stir, breaking the tomatoes up, until the greens have become wilted.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat and once it begins to boil reduce the heat to low and allow the mixture to simmer covered for 15 minutes. Add the beans to the mixture and allow it to simmer covered for about 5 more minutes.
The Cookcoffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
The Rating4 people
Love Italian foods,so this will be used the next time we have collard greens,thanks for a very good post......robertg in loved it
I made this great recipe and it was SO delicious! But I would suggest that you re-list it as a vegetarian main-course dish; it's so hearty and satisfying. Serve it with brown rice, a salad and dessert, and you've got dinner! Thanks for posting it.lagoulue in New York loved it
I made this tonight and it is very tasty.... I don't know how I found it but I'm saving it. Thanks.anitagae in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!