Breakfast Bread puddingFrom remarkablelayde 8 years ago
- 8 slicesof bread, I used Hawaian bread sliced thick shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups half and half shopping list
- 1/3 cup honey shopping list
- 5 whole eggs shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tsp orange zest shopping list
- 1/2 ts kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup golden raisins shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the whole eggs, egg yolks, half-and-half, honey, vanilla, orange zest, and salt. Set aside.
- Slice the bread into 6 (1-inch) thick pieces. Lay half of the slices flat in a 9 by 14 by 2-inch oval baking dish. Spread the raisins on top of the slices, and place the remaining slices on top. Make sure that the raisins are between the layers or they will burn while baking. Pour the egg mixture over the bread and allow to soak for 15 minutes, pressing down gently.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until the pudding puffs up and the custard is set. Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving.
The Cookremarkablelayde Fdl, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!