Scalloped OystersFrom wolfpackjack 9 years ago
- 1 pint (or more) of oysters (fresh shucked and salty are best) shopping list
- 6 Tablespoons of cream (i use the heavy) shopping list
- 1/2 Cup dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 cup cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted butter shopping list
- salt/pepper to taste shopping list
- optional ( red pepper) if u like it spicy shopping list
- optional (celery, thinly sliced) shopping list
How to make it
- Drain Oysters
- Combine oyster liquid and butter
- Grease a 1-1/2 quart baking dish
- Combine together cracker and bread crumbs
- Place a layer of crumbs in bottom of baking dish then layer with oysters.
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional: sprinkle with red pepper and celery slices) and 1/2 butter/oyster liquid.
- Repeat layering until oysters and crumbs are used ending with crumbs on top.
- Dot the top with some melted butter.
- Bake @ 400 degrees for 20 minutes
The Cookwolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
The Rating4 people
the best!!!!!nope, the very best!!!! Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
We had this tonight. Excellent!cheryilyn in Salem loved it
Wonderful, absolutely wonderful.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!