Creamy Peanut Butter Chocolate BarsFrom michellem 6 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 8 medium sized butter cookies(I use Lorna Doone brand) shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, melted shopping list
- chocolate Layers: shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups(15 oz.) milk chocolate chips shopping list
- peanut butter Filling: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter,softened shopping list
- 3 cups confectioners sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract(does not have to be pure, but pure is best) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 325*.
- Process the cookies until finely ground. You can use a food processor, blender or do it the old fashioned way like me and crush in a bowl with a potato masher!
- Add butter and mix together complelety.
- Press crumb mixture into bottom of 8 x 8 baking pan and bake for 10 min.
- Cool to room temperature
- Melt chocolate in double brolier over slightly simmering water. Or microwave chocolate(this is the way I do it) stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted.
- Pour half of the melted chocolate into pan and smooth evenly over crust.
- Place pan in refrigerator.
- Keep remaining chocolate warm.
- To prepare the Peanut butter filling,
- Blend peanut butter and butter together until smooth using a food processor or electric mixer.
- Slowly beat in contectioners sugar and then add vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Spread peanut butter filling over the chilled chocolate layer.
- Finishing by pouring remaining warm chocolate over filling and spread.
- Chill in refrgerator one hour or until firm.
- Cut into bars and serve.