Cream Cheese Filled Chocolate MuffinsFrom crossfire 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 3 oz semisweet chocolate chopped shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- For Filling: shopping list
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 egg beaten shopping list
- 1 tbsp sugar shopping list
- For Topping: shopping list
- 2/3 cup coconut flates shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped shopping list
- 3 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease 12 deep muffin tins or use paper liners.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a medium pan over a medium heat, stirring frequently until smooth. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Stir the sugar, egg, buttermilk and vanilla into the melted chocolate mixture.
- Gently fold in the flour ad baking soda just until blended. Mixture will be lumpy.
- Filling: in a small bowl, beat cream cheese, egg and sugar together; set aside.
- Topping: In a bowl, stir ingredients for topping together, set aside.
- Fill 1/3 full with batter,, then drop one heaping tbsp of filling on top and add additional batter until 2/3 full. Sprinkle topping mixture on top. Bake 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick insered in the center comes out clean.