Almost White Castles HamburgersFrom shirleyoma 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chuck shopping list
- 1 (4 tablespoon) envelope onion soup mix shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs shopping list
- 24 small square dinner rolls shopping list
- American cheese (optional) shopping list
- pickles (optional) shopping list
- Sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup mustard shopping list
- 1/2 cup ketchup shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2. Hamburgers: Mix first 6 ingredients and press into an ungreased 10 by 15 inch jelly roll pan.
- 3. Prick with a fork.
- 4. Bake for 10 minutes.
- 5. Drain off juices (if there's a lot of excess).
- 6. Cool.
- 7. Cut into 24 squares.
- 8. Place squares on dinner rolls.
- 9. Combine mustard and ketchup and spread on rolls.
- 10. Top with pickles and cheese, if desired.
- 11. This makes 12 servings of 2 hamburgers each.
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating5 people
I could have used this recipe when I lived in Austin, TX a few years back. Being originally from Chicagoland ... I sure missed them when I was away! This recipe is a keeper just in case we 'transplant' ourselves South once again in the future. Or .. ...morelillyann in Colorado Springs loved it
*Pink eyes are wide as saucers...*YUM! Thx Shirley! Tops!pink in USA loved it
I have used a similar recipe, but this one seems much easier. In the one I have the patties were formed individually and you made the holes with a straw. Also it used dehydrated onions seperately and not in with the meat mixture. This looks great....moreluvshk in Republic loved it