Marinated MushroomsFrom cheryilyn 7 years ago
- 1 lb small button mushrooms shopping list
- 6 T. extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon, add water to make ½ C. shopping list
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs shopping list
- 2 fresh sage leaves shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/8 tsp hot red pepper flakes shopping list
- a few black peppercorns shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 T. balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Clean mushrooms and trim stems.
- Heat 3 T. olive oil in a large saute pan.
- Add mushrooms and saute over low heat until tender. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place remaining olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, herbs, peppercorns, salt, and pepper flakes in saute pan.
- Simmer for 5 min.
- Pour over mushrooms.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar.
- Let mushrooms cool in marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.